What is Wishmakers At Work?
Wishmakers At Work is an opportunity for you to join us in the wish granting process! This Make-A-Wish employee giving program enables employees to share the power of a wish® and offers a unique opportunity to engage your organization to rally around an important cause: granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions.
Workplace giving in America raises $2 billion every year through employee payroll deduction gifts. While the true impact of a wish cannot be measured in dollars and cents, Make-A-Wish relies on the generosity of individuals and corporate supporters to provide the necessary funds to create an amazing experience for every wish child.
Why should you participate in the Wishmakers At Work program?
Social responsibility has become a part of companies’ everyday operations and success. The Cone Cause Evolution survey found that 81 percent of respondents agreed with the statement that a “company’s commitment to social issues is important when I decide where I want to work.” By choosing to participate in the Wishmakers At Work program, your company, employees and Make-A-Wish will all benefit.
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
There are a variety of ways your company can help make wishes come true.
- Payroll Deduction
- Corporate Matching Gifts
- Donate Your Frequent Flier Miles or Hotel Reward Points
- Donate Your Time and Organize a Volunteer Day for a Fun Office Outing
- Hold a Toy & Game Drive to Help Us Provide For Our Wish Children
Fundraising Events (here are a few ideas):
- “Jeans for Wish” - employees donate funds to wear jeans
- Auction off the CEO parking spot
- Carry-in lunch days - employees bring their lunches and donate what they would have spent on eating out
- “CEO for a day” – switch roles with the CEO for one day!
- Auction off an extra sick day
- Have a challenge between departments on who can raise the most
- Sporting events, Wii tournaments, Bake sales, and many more…
WHAT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS MEAN TO US
Your contributions mean that we will be able to continue to make children’s wishes come true! Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee relies on individual contributions and corporate donations to finance our work. We are proud of the way we manage the generous contributions received from donors. 81 percent of your funds go directly toward program services to benefit a child with a life-threatening medical condition. Become a supporter and help make a child’s one true wish become a reality!
For more information email Development Manager Kasey Fiedler at firstname.lastname@example.org.